These rules maybe called the "SSBH SENIOR'S RETREAT" Rules, 2010.
These rules shall come into force with effect from 01.01.2011.
The Retreat will be controlled and managed by a Managing Committee, consisting of five members; two from the Trust and three out of the residents. The Managing Committees will be formed after inclusion of two members. Till that time the management will be looking after by SSPPP Trust. Residents will use the premises on the express permission of this body.
(a) Managing Committee consisting of four members (nominated by the SSPPP TRUST) and two members from the occupants who, will supervise the retreat The Managing Committee will discharge the following duties:
The Managing Committee will take policy decisions regarding functioning and control of day to day affairs of the Retreat, supervise day to day affairs of the Retreat and issue guidelines and instructions through circulars for efficient functioning.The Committee will examine applications, scrutinize and approve admission of the applicant, appoint and terminate staff and regulate the strength of the employees in the Retreat , issue guidelines and instructions from time to time to the caretaker/superintendent of the Home for smooth functioning, take decisions regarding all financial aspects of the Retreat.
(b) A Superintendent shall be appointed by the Managing Committee. He / She is responsible for the overall maintenance and administration of the Home. The following duties are to the performed by the Superintendent.
- To comply with and carry out the instructions issued by the Management Committees.
- To maintain discipline and control staff and ensure congenial atmosphere with the cooperation of residents.
- Establish and maintain good public relations. Communicate/interact and coordinate with the concerned authorities relating to the matters concerning the functioning of the Home.
- Maintain daily records of attendance of staff and residents.
- Keep financial records of the daily expenditure incurred in the Home.
- Ensure efficient functioning of the Home and supervise all maintenance.
- Coordinate all other functions necessary on the basis of the need in the interest of the Home and welfare of residents.
All applicants for the "SSBH SENIORS' RETREAT" must fulfill the following conditions to be eligible.
- Minimum age 55 years
- Should not be severely physically handicapped nor suffer from any infections or communicable disease.
- Should not be mentally handicapped since the Home is not equipped to handle them.
- Should be in a capable and willing to manage his/her day to day personal activities of life unassisted (bathing, eating and performing daily ablutions).
(b) Application for Admission
- Person seeking admission will be required to fill in and complete the prescribed Application Form. The application form must include a clause stating that the prospective resident is not suffering from any serious illness.
- Applicants are to provide recommendations from at least two persons certifing their name, address, and telephone numbers to be correct.
- Name, address and telephone number of family members/next of kin, who would be an emergency contact must be submitted. He/She would be responsible for any dues or liabilities that may accrue as a result of default on the part of the applicant after he/she is no more a resident of the Home.
- The application for admission shall be made on the prescribed form along with following documents and application fees :
- A non refundable application fees of Rs.1,00/- in cash or Bank Draft / Local Cheque in favour of SSPPP Trust payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- A photo ID card .
- Documents establishing the place of permanent & previous residence of the applicant (copy of voter ID card, telephone bill, ration card etc).
- Two reference/guarantors with their full name, address and telephone number.
- Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
(c) Selection of applicant
- All rights to admission shall be made by the Managing Committee whose decision shall be final & binding.
- The Home is open for men, women and couples irrespective of caste, creed and social standing.
- The selection of admission to the Home shall be made after scrutiny of the application form which may be followed by an interaction with the candidates their local guardian / children guarantor
- An applicant will be intimated about the status of his/her admission (selected / waitlisted / rejected) at the postal address mentioned by him/her in the application form.
- If selected candidates fail to occupy the allotted accommodation within the time specified in the intimation letter, their selection would stand cancelled automatically and security deposit will be refunded within 180 days.
- All residents shall be responsible for maintaining cleanliness and order in their rooms and in the common areas of the Home. A designated sweeper will sweep and mop rooms and bathrooms in the morning and will be available to residents for a reasonable period of time.
- Clothes are to be washed & pressed by dhobi /laundry approved by the management. Residents should refrain from washing any clothes other than undergarments in the bathroom.
- No alterations/ modifications are permitted in the rooms without the express permission of the management.
- The Managing Committee will communicate its views and instructions regarding maintenance of the rooms to residents through circulars from time to time.
It is mandatory that a duplicate key of respective room is deposited with the Superintendent. The rooms would be open for inspection of the Home authorities at any time. These will also be open for inspection by the members of the Managing Committee.
- Membership to the Mess is mandatory for all residents. Occasionally, ordering food from outside is permitted at residents choice and cost. However, Mess charges would remain the same. No regular cooking of launch or dinner in the attached kitchenette is permitted.
- The in-house kitchen will provide vegetarian meals as per menu and rates approved by the Committee. In addition to the above, residents may order items after giving the cook a day's advance notice. These items will be available only on the payment of extra charges. Efforts shall always be there to include choices of the residents in the menu along with advice from doctors.
- Residents may use kettle, microwave or hotplate in the kitchenette to prepare beverages or warm food if desired. Cooking of food in the room is strictly prohibited. Use of coil heaters is also prohibited.
- Residents are requested not to visit the kitchen and disturb the staff; they should refrain from issuing any instructions directly to the staff. All requests may be forwarded through the caretaker in writing. Residents requiring meals for guests may do so with a day's advance notice. Extra messing would be charged.
Outstation guests (relatives or friends) may be permitted to stay with residents for a period of 15 days at a time or a total of 30 days in a year. Charges for the resident's guests would be payable as decided by the Managing Committee subject to availability of accommodation. Extra messing charges would be payable.
The total residents in a single deluxe room should not exceed two and in a double room three persons at any time.
- No rent will be charged for the rooms
- Charges towards boarding as per the standard menu will be Rs.3,000/-per month per head. It will be on actual.
- Contributions towards other services special services, amenities, facilities repair & maintenance other sundry expenses, day to day normal medical services etc. will be Rs.3,000/- per month for single rooms and Rs.5,000/- per month for double rooms excluding electricity charges.
- The residents are to pay the electric energy charges as per their actual consumption for running of AC, TV, Hot-plate , Geysers and other gadgets for which a sub meter will be provided in each room.
- Charges towards internet and cable TV connection if taken are to be paid extra.
- During absence from home residents will continue to pay their monthly contributions as applicable plus 25% of the boarding charges to cover the fixed expenses of the kitchen
- The monthly contributions may be revised due to the variation in the expenditure for providing services after periodic review by the management.
- Upon management approving, the prospecting applicants for admission to "SSBH Seniors'Retreat" will be required to deposit a security money of Rs.6,00,000/- for single room and Rs.10,00,000/- for double room. The above security may be deposited in three installments as follows :
- 50% at the time of booking
- 30% after six months and
- 20% at the time of taking possession of the room
- 05% discount if total amount is deposited at the time of book.
- The above security amount will remain firm after execution of agreement for allotment of room. However this amount may be revised after periodic review by the managing committee depending on the cost of construction.
- The security money is free of interest what so ever & will have the lock in period of three years.
- The security deposit will be refunded upon the occupant deciding to vacate the room after adjusting any dues from the resident.
- In such cases the occupant may handover the room back to the management and stop paying the monthly boarding and service charges and may ask for the refund of security which can only be refunded after completion of the lock-in period of three years with two months prior notice.
- On the death of the resident irrespective of his period of stay in the House the security deposits refundable to the nominee as appearing in the application form within one month of such death.
- In the event a resident being asked to leave by the management for any act of misconduct or any other acts of omission / commission which is considered serious by the management the security deposit will be refunded to him / her after one month of departure by deducting the outstanding dues if any but not before the completion of three years lock-in period.
- Apart from the above fixed security, an amount of Rs.50,000/- required to be deposited by the resident towards probable medical emergency on replensable basis based on medical expenditure as detailed in the medical facilities.
- The committee has the right to waive off the security deposit for some deserving cases. In such cases regular contribution on monthly basis will be decided by the management..In case of sudden demise of any resident, the superintendent shall urgently call the doctor in-charge of the Home who shall conduct examination and record full particulars to issue a death certificate. Simultaneously the next of kin and the managing committee will be intimated by the superintendent for further action.
- In the interest of their safety, before leaving the premises residents must sign the out/in register kept for the purpose. All residents wishing to remain out should record the time of departure, place to be visited and expected time of return in the register.
- The management reserves the right to cancel the allotment and reallocate the room to someone else if the resident is absent from the premises without intimation.
- Messing charges may be waived off for a minimum of one week if a resident proceeds on leave with prior intimation and approval of the management. However 25% of boarding charges is to be paid towards the fixed expenses of the kitchen.
Residents who desire to volunteer at the Home or work outside to keep themselves engaged will be encouraged to do so by the management. However, no professional, commercial or business activities are permitted in the premises.
Residents shall be responsible for safety of their belongings. The members of the Managing Committee will not be responsible if, despite their best efforts, any resident suffers any loss by way of theft of any belongings or otherwise.
Visitors are welcome to the Home to meet residents; they are to contact the reception first for identification. They should preferably be entertained in the lounge.
Only identified visitors are allowed inside the Home. They may be asked by the Superintendent to produce identity proof (driving license). Cooperation for the same is solicited.
.Visiting Hours for the guests:
4.00 P.M to 10.00 PM. (from Monday to Saturday).
9.00 A.M to 10.00 PM. (on Sundays & Gazetted holidays).
In unforeseen circumstances if a visitor has to stay for the night, he/she shall be required to make the prescribed payment towards the boarding and lodging expenses after permission has been sought from the Superintendent. A form for the purpose is required to be filledup. Such visitors shall not be allowed to stay for more than two nights.
Residents are not allowed to keep pets in the premises of the Home.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Retreat premises.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted. The Management does not encourage non-veg food, within the premises.
- It is mandatory for the residents to observe the rules of Home. Society expects that all residents will live in a dignified and harmonious manner.
- Tipping of the staff must be scrupulously avoided. A gratitude box is being provided where residents may put in reward they want to give for the staff. The collected amount will be distributed to the staff on suitable occasions.
A resident whose behavior is found to be adversely affecting the reputation of the Home, disturbing the peace of the Home, causing friction amongst other residents, which amounts to moral turpitude or causes public nuisance would not be acceptable to the management. His/her admission or membership shall be terminated and he/she shall have no right whatsoever to occupy the Home in any capacity or authority whatsoever after termination/cancellation.
In respect of arbitration proceedings initiated between the resident and the Retreat only the Courts in Bhubaneswar shall have jurisdiction to the exclusion of all other courts.
Management Committee may amend or modify the rules periodically and review the scale of charges at its discretion.
The general public whether Indian Resident, NRI or foreigner is free to support the Retreat by giving donations in the name of SSPPP TRUST which is running the Retreat and doing charitable work. In this way the funds for running the Retreat would be raised and this will facilitate the smooth functioning of the Retreat. The banking channel is as follows :